feasible or impossible? 9

3 years ago
Is remote shooting possible or is it unbearable for photographers?
I am waiting for your opinions, because in such a difficult period, remote shooting is only possible for me, because I am in Russia and cannot come
3 years ago
Remote shootings cannot fully replace a "live"-shooting :
Some photographers prefer the direct contact, being in the same room or place together with the model, because it's also an impact in perspective and 3D perception, while the screenview will be only 2D.
And also there is the direct use of the own camera ... taking pictures in shootings is much more than telling stage directions, which are transmitted as if given to a webcam girls service.
3 years ago
SEE - Toxic Boomer
And if I live in Russia and now I am here too, and because of the virus and the second wave there is no way to come to Europe, because the borders are closed, then what to do? but need to live on something
3 years ago
Surely i understand your problem, but as you asked for opinions about remote shootings, i told you my opinion about this. Many people have problems due to the CoVid ... if you want to continue in modeling and earning money as before, you must leave your hometown and immigrate to that country, where you can get access for years or for lifetime and the pursuit of earning money as you want.
Jobs in hospitals for nurses, retirement stations and other health services with systemic importance are highly required. So you might have a regular continuous work with a monthly income of maybe 1500 € and additional money earned by modeling ... the higher losses will be the rental amount for your habitation and taxes.
However purchasing values are declined in comparison to Russia ... if 1000 € reach out for 3 months in Russia, they will be spent here in one month.
Remote shoots are working - I have seen many models offering this successfully and even some photographers already offering tutorials for their work through a remote shoot with the model.
Offering this kind of work is one thing - setting up the needed infrastructure (fast internet connection, webcam, lights, etc.) is the other piece of it.
3 years ago
IF well executed this can be a very good way to work. But beeing able to prepare a scene, set the light and then pose as directed is still a very demanding task if you want to do it all on your own. (Add to that the massive invest into equipment). That's of course only if you want to go beyond "cam girls" work.
3 years ago
I completely agree with kleine|details. Yes, it can work but with a lot of technical restrictions and limitations as well as from a communication point of view . The results can never be the same following this remote approach based on a given budget/time. However, if you will find a solution that will match with your customers expectation there might be some demand?
If one believes the similar, english speaking platforms, there seem to be a few models that work quite successfully with remote shootings. However, they all offer well thought, workable and detailed technical concepts for collaboration that have probably been worked out by experienced photographers, and, above all, are specified in terms of available cameras, lenses, lighting equipment, control software, etc. Apparently it is not enough to simply offer remote shootings and ask for preferences.
3 years ago
The Artist formerly called Der Bazi von Hetzendorf Agree. It might be a solution that models team up with a local photographer who acts as a remote assistant for the paying customer.

Topic has been closed