why everybody ask for whatsapp 18

3 years ago
Hello :)
iam new here and have a question.
The Messaging system here works very well for me and its very clear because i always can read back the full conversation what i really like.
But why almost every photographer ask to change the conversation to whatsapp?

if i imagine that i have with every photographer 3-4 conversations started ( here, whatsapp, instagram, email... ) then it looks very complicated for me to keep and remember all the details we discussed.

so please tell me your Opinion why you like to talk over whatsapp? really want to know, thank you :)
3 years ago
Simple... I use it, just because the models always ask me to continue the conversation in WhatsApp... Personally, I don't care which messaging system I use, I always accept the models choice.
3 years ago
I also prefer the MK-Messenger.
I find it simply clearer, even for longer texts. Also because you have a certain possibility of proof in the event of later disagreements.
Here it is very comfortable. I have everything in the same place, can link images to the messages, look at the sedcards, etc.
I have a pleasant feeling every time someone wants to direct me to another platform.

I wouldn't use WhatsApp anyway, just for security reasons.
3 years ago
Perhaps because the number of private messages is limited to 10/day in free accounts?
Or because people try to have all their conversations in one place?
Or because it is easy to use and versatile?
Or because you can easily on mobile and PC, even simultaneously?
Or because communication is end-to-end-encrypted?
Or because it is fast?
Or because it is reliable?
Or because they found one in a million other reasons to do so?

BTW, I would not do it with anyone before being sure that a particular project is on the rails, because the downside of it is that you need to reveal your phone number to an unknown person, an this is for me a blocker !
3 years ago
@ BlackRose

The Messaging system here works very well for me and its very clear because i always can read back the full conversation what i really like.

This is why I don't need and don't like whatsapp ! For me the MK-PN is a superb feature, exactly for the same reasons you mentioned !
BlackRose You're completely right, the MK messaging system works pretty good.
Also it's allways good practice to continue a conversation where it startet.

All those whatsapp, insta, facebook, etc., messenger stuff is completely superfluous and only used to track their users in first place .
3 years ago
Multiple models have allready canceled half planned shootings / stopped replying after I told them that I do not have a smartphone or no what's app. It's extremely frustrating, but that's the new stand in th MK for me anyway, as model aquisition has become almost impossible for me here, as I do not take pictures on a god-like-level.

Glad to hear though, that at least one model is happy using the messaging system on this plattform and is happy doing so. Keep it up.
3 years ago
I prefer the messenger here, too.
I really dont like giving my phoner number away to someone i really dont know (yet).
The only reason I could think of is the sending of example or mood pictures, which is way easier via whatsapp.

But i rather do that via dropbox or whatever than giving my phone number away
3 years ago
I have no whatsapp.
20 Zeichen
3 years ago
I don't care. I can deal with multiple systems:
MK message,
FB MS,
WA message,
WA phone call,
IG message,
SMS,
traditional cell phone (this still exists ;-)
mail, etc.
There are so many options which facilitate communication today.
Obviously too many for some of us.

I would be happy if one of these would be used at all. I am more concerned of the latter. Some people just don't give an answer.
3 years ago
WhatsApp is a messenger that displays instantly new messenger, even without unlocking your phone. This allows very fast conversation.

Modelkartei messaging system feels more like email. Seeing whether you have a new message, reading it and replying to it takes significantly more steps.
3 years ago
Also, WhatsApp has significantly more functionality for messages: easy embedding of links and images, direct exports from other programs, audio messages, group functions, etc.
Interesting - for me it is completely the opposite. I prefer messages here or through email and always get asked do you have WhatsApp as it is easier for me to communicate.
I use WhatsApp for the short communication before the shooting and while the model is traveling to me and that's where it makes the most sense for me.
3 years ago
J Reber: links and images can be sent with model-kartei pm as well :) And it's easier to use on a PC. Audio message on the other hand totally sucks.
So for me I'm not against WA, but I usually prefer keeping it within model kartei if possible.
But yes, the internal messager could get a lot of improvements. It could just present as a normal mail account and then people would be free to look here or in their mail program of choice.
3 years ago
WA can be useful when picking up or meet somewhere, train stations for example can be a bit confusing by size sometimes. It´s easier and more direct communication then.
However, I also prefer substantial conversation here on MK to keep clear history of dialogues.
3 years ago
thank you so much all Guys for your Feedback.
wish you all a good weekend
3 years ago
kleine|details
None of those features are available in the mobile version of MK.

And using the web version of MK on a smartphone is not only slow and uncomfortable, the layout is also unsuited for reading messages.

So, yes, WA is more phone oriented, MK more PC-browser oriented.
(These days, I prefer telegram, which combines the best of both worlds and is also anonymous. The deletion button is a bit annoying, though)

Topic has been closed